Drinking 911 Recipes and 10 Drinks you should never order
10 DRINKS YOU SHOULD NEVER ORDER AND WHY
There are quite a number of reasons we prefer cocktails where all the elements are respected and not over shadowing each other. The first being if you are going to order premium drinks, that have been carefully created by passionate craftsmen, why hide it in layers of sugary sweet nonsense. Second, its actually easier to control your alcohol intake with straight forward drinks; some of the cocktails in this top 10 list, will make you take your shirt off even before leaving the bar.
- A body shot: you aren’t in college anymore; and even then you looked like a douche. It’s just that no one felt the need to tell you.
- Anything mixed with Diet Soda: If you were really watching your weight, you wouldn’t be drinking alcohol.
- Mixed fuzzy liquid in a bottle: we don’t even know what these are and why they were ever invented (Smirnoff ice, mule, vodka cruisers). They all taste like cardboard.
- Layered shots: anything multi coloured can’t be good for your health.
- Sex on the beach: unless your 50+, live in Florida, and need something sexy in your life, don’t order this hallucination.
- A drink with a name you can’t pronounce: that Scotch on the menu looks tasty and well sophisticated, but blurt out the wrong pronunciation and you will be wishing you ordered that beer instead.
- A Bud Light: because even water tastes better.
- Vodka Red Bulls: because there is no possible reason you would need to be that wired to enjoy the night.
- Anything with Curacao in it: Because you don’t want to be blue all night.
- Make your own drink: if you ask the bartender to make your special recipe, he/she will add their own special ingredients in it: spit and hatred.
DRINKS 911: 3 RECIPES ON THE GO
Calimocho: This still works very well for any barbecue situation, a strong bottle of heady red mixed with some regular cola, you’ll be surprised at how many people will shock themselves by actually liking this supposed travesty.
Spiked Lemonade: Make some freshly squeezed lemonade, add to it a little honey to round out the sweetness and gage your rum properly to your preferred intensity and served with lots of ice.
Irish Coffee: In the following order; Whiskey. Sugar. Hot coffee. Cream. Yum.
Picture from thegreenhead.com