4 Steak Sauces to Make in Minutes
Everybody loves a good steak. If prepared well, it’s flavorful enough to be eaten on its own. But if you want to take things a step further, then it’s best to pair them with pan sauces. These steak sauces only take a few minutes to make, but they’re worth the extra effort.
Check out the video below to see how easy it is to make! Scroll down for the complete recipe.
Want to learn how to cook steak perfectly every time? We have a cheat sheet to help you cook the perfect steak.
If you’re based in Manila, you can get great cuts of steak over at Chingolo Deli.
- Olive oil
- Brown, shitake and portobello mushrooms, chopped
- ½ stick butter
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup red wine
- ¼ cup broth + 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ cup broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon, minced
- Some dried Shitake mushrooms or mushroom powder
- Tear mushrooms into rough chunks.
- Create a slurry with broth, cornstarch, and mushroom powder.
- Heat up a pan over medium heat. Cook mushroom for about 5 minutes until it starts to brown. Cook them in batches so that pan doesn’t overcrowd. Create a well in the center and add butter, garlic, and salt. Allow garlic to cook and add the rest of the cooked mushrooms. Remove from pan and set aside.
- If you have off-cuts of beef, especially those with layers of fat, render them in the same pan for about 10 minutes. Deglaze with red wine. Remove beef from pan.
- Add the mushrooms back in the pan. Add butter, the cornstarch slurry, and season to taste. Reduce heat to low. Once sauce is smooth, remove from heat.
- Add tarragon before serving.
- 250 g butter
- 1 medium shallot and a half a white onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of tarragon
- 1 bunch of Italian parsley
- 1 basil leaf bunch
- 3 anchovies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon
- Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- Heat up a pan and melt a tablespoon butter. Add shallots and onions and cook for about 2 minutes until soft. Add parsley, basil, and tarragon. Add the rest of your butter, capers, and anchovies according to taste. Cook for 5 minutes and add lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolk, mustard, and olive oil until emulsified.
- In a blender, combine the mustard mixture along with the green mixture. Blend for 2-3 minutes and serve.
Italian Salsa Verde
- 1 cup of mint, chives and parsley
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pc garlic
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 anchovies
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grind garlic, capers, and anchovies until you form a paste. Mince mint, chives, and parsley and add it to the paste.
- Pour in extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice and combine. Season to taste.
- ¼ cup sweet port
- ½ cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup double cream
- 4 tsp crushed whole black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Grind black pepper until fine.
- After you cook steak in a pan, deglaze pan with sweet port wine. Reduce for 2 minutes on medium. Add in pepper and beef stock and continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add butter and cream and whisk until incorporated. Continue to simmer until it reduces to a slightly thicker consistency. Serve on steak.