Got 5 Minutes? Make these salad dressings. Here is a quick one that you are sure to use at home.
I always say that there is nothing better than a well seasoned, balanced and dressed salad, all you really need is a bunch of the freshest herbs, greens and fruit available, a little good extra virgin olive oil, some jars, a bowl and a fork.
Here are my 5 favourites:
– French Vinaigrette: 2 tablespoons of french mustard, salt, pepper, 4 tablespoons of evoo, 2 tbsps of lemon juice. Shake it.
– Spicy Jalapeno: Some chopped Jalapenos (2tbsp), 100ml Apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsps of lime juice, salt and pepper, 1 tbsp evoo, 1 tbsp honey.
– Ranch: 3 tbsp of real mayonnaise, 3 tbsp of sour cream, 3 tbsp of chopped parsley, salt, pepper, 1 tsp evoo, 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic, 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar. Whisk,
– Berries and Vinegar: 4 tbsp of finely chopped strawberries, 2 tbsps of balsamic vinegar, 4 tbsps of evoo, a pinch of chopped garlic, salt and pepper. Adjust sweetness with honey if needed.
– Italian: 3 tbsp diced red pepper, 2 sliced shallots, 2 tsp each of dried sage, oregano, paprika, mint flakes, 100ml white wine vinegar, 2 tbsp evoo, 1 tsp honey