Easy Ube Recipes for the Holidays
It’s the holidays again, it’s time to dust off the shelves where you keep your special Christmas recipes! But if you’re thinking of trying something new, try these easy ube dessert recipes. These are classic ube recipes that are absolutely mandatory for noche buena.
- 500 grams cooked grated ube
- 1 can condensed milk (280ml)
- 200 ml evaporated milk
- 280ml coconut milk
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 200 grams 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 cup of sugar (your preference)
- grated cheddar cheese to top (optional)
- Boil ube until tender. Once cooked, peel and grate into fine shreds.
- In a pan, melt 1 stick of salted butter until brown. Add in the grated ube and mix.
- Add condensed milk, evaporated milk, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Continue to mix until it thickens.
Rice Cake with Ube, Mango, and Coconut
- 4 cups glutinous rice flour
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 mango
- 1/2 cup ube halaya
- 1/3 cup coconut meat
- In a bowl, combine rice flour, coconut milk, and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Divide mixture into three equal portions.
- Chop mango, coconut, and ube into small chunks. Put separately into each coconut milk mixture.
- In a llanera, add the mango mixture one-thirds of the way. Place in a steamer and cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove the llanera from the steamer and add the coconut mixture one-thirds of the way. Continue to steam for 8 minutes.
- Add the final ube layer until it reaches the rim of the llanera. Steam for another 8 minutes, and you’re done!
See how it’s made!