Egg Sandwich Recipes That Are Better Than The Viral Tiktok One-Pan Egg Hack
Tiktok is the home of so many viral food trends. Some of them work, some of them don’t. One of the recent trending dishes is the one pan egg sandwich (see the video below). Sure, it’s easy, quick, and convenient. But does it taste good? Maybe that’s up to you to decide.
Eggs are absolutely versatile, and they’re just as good in sandwich recipes. Now, we’re going to show you how to make different egg sandwiches that are definitely way better than the viral tiktok trend.
Watch the video below for the tutorial. Scroll down for the complete recipes.
Korean Street Toast
This Korean street toast is a popular recipe in Korea (well, that’s a given). It’s especially convenient if you have leftover vegetables! You might be surprised at the weird combination of sugar, ketchup, and ham, but trust me: it works.
- 1/2 carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced cabbage
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 2 eggs
- 2 pcs white bread
- lots of butter
- ketchup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of white sugar
- 2 pcs of ham
- 2 slices american cheese
- Prep your vegetables by slicing thinly. Place in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Let sit and scrunch everything together.
- Beat in 2 eggs and mix with the vegetables.
- On a pan over medium heat, cook egg mixture. Shape into rectangles to fit in your sandwich. Flip, and add butter.
- Brush bread with melted butter and toast on both sides.
- Cook ham on pan and cook until slightly browned. Place cheese on top and let it melt.
- For the sauce, mix equal parts of ketchup and mayo.
- Assembly: Over the bottom slice, stack omelette, a sprinkle of sugar, ham and cheese, and sauce.
This is inspired by the world-famous eggslut sandwich. It’s simple but it goes a long way: perfectly cooked eggs, melty cheese, and caramelized onions. Sometimes simple is better.
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 brioche bun
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 large onions
- 1 tbsp butter
- Slice onions thinly and cook over low-medium heat. Keep a close eye (this can take from 30 minutes to an hour) and stir every few minutes, until it caramelizes. Set aside.
- Place three eggs over a cold pan and add a tablespoon of butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Toast brioche buns. For the sauce, mix equal parts sriracha and mayo.
- Cook eggs right before serving. Cook over low heat, stirring vigorously. Just when it’s about to be fully cooked, remove from heat. In another pan, melt cheese.
- Assembly: Over the bottom bun, stack sauce, eggs, cheese, caramelized onions, and serve.
This egg wrap is another one of those viral tiktok food trends. After trying it, it’s safe to say that it actually works. It’s a good idea to add the ingredients in compartments, so that you’ll end up with gorgeous layers for your wrap.
- 1 large tortilla
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions
- 2 slices of ham
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- Divide your tortilla into 4 sections. Cut through the sections, but not all the way through.
- Place three eggs over a cold pan and add a tablespoon of butter. Mix until well incorporated. Cook over low heat, stirring vigorously. Just when it’s about to be fully cooked, remove from heat.
- In each compartment, add ham, fresh spinach, mayo, cheese, eggs, and caramelized onions. Fold in quarters.
- On a pan over medium heat, cook wrap until tortilla is toasted and cheese is melted.
Egg Salad Sandwich
This is a refreshing take on an egg sandwich. Simple but delicious.
- 3 boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp of minced, mixed dill, parsley and chives
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 to 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 2 tbsp minced red onions
- 1 pc sourdough toast
- 2 tbsp of fish eggs
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- Mince red onions, herbs, and place in a bowl. Add lemon juice and mix until combined.
- Slice avocado into thin strips. Boil eggs until hard boiled and roughly chop. Add to the herb mixture and add in mayo and mustard. Mix until well incorporated. Season to taste.
- Toast bread and spread butter. Assemble by stacking avocados, egg salad, dill, and fish eggs. Grate lemon zest on top and serve.
More Recipes You Might Like
6 Absolutely Delicious Toast Recipes
Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe