There will come a point in your life where your typical morning run or late-night exercise will get boring and you’ll get worn out eventually. But don’t fret, it’s pretty normal and there’s a solution to it. We live in a time where so many things are accessible—that means there are endless options for everyone which gives us enough reasons to try out new things especially when it comes to fitness. Prioritizing exercise is one step to a healthy lifestyle, and if you find it hard to drag yourself to the gym because you got tired of your usual routine, it’s a sign that you need to switch up things and consider trying a new workout or two. Whether you’re a neophyte or a fitness guru searching for new challenges to conquer, there’s something here for you!
- Saddle Row – Indoor Cycling and Rowing (Serendra, BGC)
- If you’re looking for new ways to lose weight and tone your body, indoor cycling is a good exercise to try. Saddle Row offers different levels of extreme spin classes that will help you reach your fitness goals. Aside from that, they also offer rowing classes that will make you burn approximately 500 calories depending on the duration of the class. You may find your first ride a little bit overwhelming but as soon as you’re done, you’ll feel more gleeful and determined enough to make it a regular habit! One advantage of trying out spin classes in Saddle Row especially for first-timers is that you’ll be working out with groups so you’ll surely get fuelled by the energy of the people around you.
- Ride Revolution – Indoor Cycling (Glorietta, Makati; Steps Dance Studio, Makati; Shangri-La Mandaluyong)
- Another premier studio that offers indoor cycling is Ride Revolution. Ride Revolution makes an intense and heart-pumping 50-minute workout fun and exciting by incorporating music and lights that will help keep your momentum and get your endorphins high—but not only that, they also promote building teamwork and camaraderie among everyone participating in their exercises. They have incredibly encouraging instructors that would be glad to serve you all the way so whatever your fitness level is, you’re totally welcome here!
- CF Makati – Cross Fit (Legaspi Village, Makati)
- If you want to challenge yourself through body-weight exercises, dynamic stretching, weight-lifting and more, CrossFit is the one for you! CrossFit is a fitness regimen that has been around for decades. One of the leading CrossFit gyms in the Philippines is CF Makati. CF Makati aims to disrupt the typical workout by including various exercises that will get you ready for any challenges and physical tasks you might encounter in your daily life. They offer WOD (workout of the day) classes, bootcamp classes, open gym sessions, personal coaching and seasonal promos for everyone!
- Flyweight Boxing (Forbestown, Taguig)
- Discover the exciting world of boxing by booking a class in Flyweight Boxing studio in Forbestown, Taguig. The studio provides world-class treatment for its customers, making it one of the best boxing gyms in the metro. Their classes are divided in four levels: Boxing 101, Contender, Challenger and Champion—all of which range from 45-60 minutes. If you want to learn the basic to advanced fundamentals of boxing and also meet new friends at the same time, Flyweight Boxing is the perfect gym for you. Although the price of a single class here may not meet the expectations of those who are on a budget, but if we are talking about results over price, then Flyweight Boxing is at the top of the list!
- Ninja Academy (Calle Industria, Quezon City)
- Ever wished of becoming a ninja even just for a day? You can fulfil that dream in Ninja Academy! Ninja Academy holds the title of being the first indoor parkour city in the Philippines. It is a place for people who want to explore unconventional ways of getting physically and mentally fit. It’s not your typical gym; it provides a different kind of set-up for go-getters and adventure-seekers. Get ready to test your agility and speed by undergoing a 30-minute HIIT class and 30-minute obstacle course challenge!
- Ezkrima – Fencing (Dasmariñas Village, Makati)
- If you’re looking for a different kind of sport that provides optimal results, fencing might just be the one for you. Fencing is a group of three combat related sports that uses your body and arms to win over your opponent. Throughout the years, it’s evolved from being a sport to being a form of exercise. According to USA Fencing team member Monica Aksamit, fencing may not be a lot of fun but it’s a great exercise that build your endurance and burn calories. It also helps sharpen your strategy making skills! Ezkrima is one of the few fencing studios that offers a fun way of making the sport less intimidating with the help of lively and accommodating instructors.
Trying out new sports/exercises is a great way to stick to your workout. It can also help you prevent hitting a fitness plateau!