Change and uncertainty can feel threatening because you can lose yourself with the decisions that you didn’t make. I was there. I was deeply attached to my comfort zone and cyclical patterns of pain and brokenness brought about my own fear of change.
These were my setbacks before I finally cut myself loose from a long term toxic relationship. Going through a break up and having your heart broken is a painful experience. Thankfully after a divine intervention, I was awakened. I call it a blessing in disguise. I had enough of the pain that I alone inflicted to myself by allowing my ex- partner to keep me at bay during the so called moving on process.
During the relationship, I would usually turn to food for comfort and didn’t give much thought to my increasing weight. This just aggravated the pounding insecurities that I had after the break up. I didn’t like the person that I saw in the mirror. Then I finally made a commitment to love myself again.
The first step for me was enrolling in a gym and where I attended my fitness and wellness classes. Being involved in activities like zumba, yoga, street dance and the like made me feel more alive than ever. After a month of rocking my new routine, everyone started noticing my new figure and the glow in me. It felt so awesome that people asked for weight loss tips from me! More than that, I inspired my friends and co-workers to turn to fitness–it was truly gratifying to turn my pain into something productive and inspiring.
Sometimes we have to go through a painful experience to learn to love ourselves again and be transformed to a brand new person. I learned that fitness isn’t about a crunch or a push up, it’s about taking your power back. This was my transformation. My breakthrough.
God makes all things beautiful. Do not be discouraged for you are closer than you think you are to your breakthrough!
Tips to Losing Weight:
1. Make it a habit to drink water with lemon. It’s a good anti oxidant and energy booster. Add mint leaves and cucumber for a better effect.
2. Replace one or two meals a day with cereal, low-fat milk, and toss any sliced fruit. It works!
3. Enroll in a fitness class. Invite friends and family to join you and motivate each other.
4. Exercise especially when you don’t feel like it. Persistence is the key. Be consistent.
5. Consider yoga in your routine even once a week. It will bring mental and physical health. It is designed to unleash your inner limits. You’ll be grateful for it keep you grounded to your core.
6. Take the stairs instead of the comfort of the elevator. Take every opportunity to lose the unwanted calories.
7. Watch yourself while you exercise. Better if you dance with your favorite playlist on! You’ll like what you’ll see in the mirror and will keep you empowered.
8. Make it a point to enjoy what you eat even with the small servings. Live in the moment. Don’t rush.
9. Participate in fun run activities. Feels good to lose weight with a cause. Meeting new people is a plus!
10. Pain is a spiritual journey and so is your road to fitness and vitality. Meditate daily to bring out your inner power in losing weight. It will help in transforming you to a brand new you!
I am sharing my story to inspire people to take the first step to change. The process won’t kill you. Facing your fear of losing and of the unknown can be life rocking! Take courage! Learning to respect and love yourself first will achieve fullness in life. And that’s what life is all about.
Got your own inspirational weight loss story? Send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2 before and after photos and 10 tips!