A year ago, I weighed 165 pounds. It was then when I realized I wanted to change. As a young girl, both my relatives and my friends would always comment about my size. I’ve been hearing them all my life that somehow, it lost all meaning. Until I decided I couldn’t take it anymore.
My first attempt to lose weight was not successful. I found letting go of my favorite food quite hard that I gave up right away. I heard a lot of comments about how I couldn’t do it and how I was weak, etc. As the criticisms increased, the more I got my resolve to actually do it.
I realized then my biggest enemy was myself. Sure, I got criticized a lot but it would still be up to me to stand up for myself and show them what I am capable of and that I can actually achieve my goal.
So the second time around, I got into my weight loss journey but eating healthy food and exercising for at least 30 minutes a day. The exercise part was quite of a challenge since I wasn’t used to strenuous physical activities. A year into it, I’ve lost enough weight to be proud of my body. I’m so grateful that I was able to tough it up and stick with the journey no matter the challenges and difficulties.
In the end, it was all worth it as not only am I happy and healthy, I also feel confident and proud of myself, which I think is the best result out of my journey.
Weight Loss Tips
1. Be optimistic and keep a positive attitude despite criticisms.
2. Allow yourself to have a cheat day at least once a week. Eat whatever you want! But keep it in moderate portions
3. Exercise daily. It’s not necessary to pay for a gym or trainer because there are exercise resources available on the internet. Try them out and decide which is best for you. I highly recommend the Insanity Program by Shaun T.
4. Listen to your body. During exercise, it’s not necessary to get into beast mode right away. Ease your body into it.
5. Be consistent with your exercise.
6. Cut back on junk food, soda, and fatty food. Try to eliminate it from your system completely, if possible.
7. Replace white rice with red or brown or black rice.
8. Stay hydrated always. Try fruit infusions in your water.
9. Get enough sleep.
10. Don’t listen to your haters. Always believe in yourself!
Send your own weight loss stories to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1o tips and 2 before and after photos!