I’ve always struggled with my weight since I was a kid. I grew up with a family who loves to cook and eat. I remember my parents used to stop me from eating too much. I cried every time they tried to stop me and tell them, “ANG DADAMOT NYO.” (You’re so stingy!)
My family and friends used to tell me I was getting more bigger and I should start losing weight. But I didn’t care at all. I still continued to eat my usual diet and I mostly spent my money on food, even saving to buy something to cook or bake.
But as I was getting older, I realized that weight loss isn’t just about my physical body and how I looked but also my own health. So I decided I needed to do it for myself. “It’s now or never.”
I started to get serious to my weight loss journey on February 01, 2015. I changed my eating habits, stopped drinking soda (I drank only water), and resisted my sweet and salty snack cravings.
It was very difficult at first but I always pushed my limits and turned my CAN’Ts to CANs and continued working harder. There are days that I still feel like that fat girl but that’s part of who I am. While I am still in the process of reaching my target weight, I realized that it’s not just about LOSING WEIGHT but being FIT and HEALTHY and living a fulfilling life
Weight Loss Tips
1. Set a GOAL! Believe you can achieve your goal. Start TODAY!
2. Eat Clean! Each meal should consist of lean proteins, whole grains and healthy fats while snacks should be smaller portions mainly fruits and vegetables. Eat healthy instead of junk foods and sweets.
3. Eat in moderation but don’t deprive yourself! Eating five small meals each day helps you avoid overeating at meal times.
4. Prioritize xxercise! In order to reach your goal and sustain that weight loss you have to prioritize exercise. When you combine a healthy diet with exercise you will see results.
5. Stay Hydrated! Drink a lot of water. Yes a lot!! NO to sodas 😉
6. No to Slimming pills! Exercise, you’ll feel better about yourself.
7. Don’t expect results right away. Slow, steady, and focus. Patience is the key!
8. Have a Cheat Meal once a week.
9. Push yourself! If you want to go to the gym and no one else wants to go with you, go by yourself. Nobody knows what you want except you. No excuses, make progress! Motivate yourself!
10. Believe in yourself! If you want to reach that goal so bad you have to believe in yourself a little more. Don’t you dare quit. Always remember why you started! PROVE YOURSELF!
Got your own weight loss story? Send it in to email@example.com with 10 tips and 2 before and after photos!