Keto No-Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is perfect for those with a huge sweet tooth, but are trying to be conscious about what they eat.
Chocolate chip cookies are absolutely timeless, and it’s easy to see why. It’s a simple recipe that anyone can make, and it’s melt-in-your-mouth delicious. But if you’re keeping a close eye on what you eat, you’ll realize how much sugar these cookies have. Heaping cups! While we all deserve to eat all the delicious things in life, sometimes we need to find better alternatives to these sugar-loaded snacks. It could be for health purposes or for fitness goals, but it’s totally possible to enjoy your sweets without the actual sugar.
These Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies switches the usual culprits with better alternatives. First, we use almond flour to keep things low-carb. Though, expect to have cookies on the crispier side than the chewy kind. Second, this recipe is absolutely sugar-free. Instead, we use a sugar-alternative called Naturals Stevia to sweeten the cookies. It’s zero-calorie and works great when cooking or baking. If you want to keep this recipe absolutely sugar-free, it’s important that all other ingredients are also unsweetened. Check your peanut butter and chocolate chips for any added sugar. Lastly, enjoy! This is an easy recipe that you can make within minutes.
How to make Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
- 4 sticks Naturals Stevia
- 1 egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- Optional: 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175C
- In a bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, Naturals Stevia, and egg. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in dry ingredients: almond flour, xanthan gum (optional), baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Finally, add chocolate chips and combine.
- Roll into 2-inch balls, and flatten into a disc. The cookies won’t spread out in the oven, so it’s best to shape the dough according to what you want the final shape to look like.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.