Level Up Your Garlic Shrimp with These Easy Recipes
Garlic and shrimp– easy killer combo. It’s a simple pairing but it packs a lot of flavor. Garlic shrimp is already great on its own, but what if we can make it even better?
These recipes are quick and easy enough to make at home. It’s important to note that you’ll be needing LOTS of garlic. A lot more than you think, where you might think it’s too much. But then again, we can never have too much of garlic.
Now, here in this post we say shrimp, but this can easily be interchanged with prawns. What’s the difference? Well, in terms of taste, there really is no significant difference. Some may say that prawns and a little sweeter and meatier, while shrimps are more delicate in flavor. So when you make these at home, feel free to use either shrimp or prawn.
Watch the video below for the step-by-step tutorial. Scroll down for the complete recipe.
Recipes to Make with Garlic Shrimp
Gambas al Ajillo
- 500g of shrimp or prawn meat, tail on
- 1 tsp of Kosher salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Juice and rind of ½ lemon
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Remove the shell from the shrimps, keeping the tail. Set aside. Clean and devein shrimp.
- In a bowl, combine grated garlic, salt, and baking soda. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a pan, add in shells and leftover garlic. Pour olive oil and add chili flakes. Bring to a simmer for 20 minutes. Strain through a colander, pressing the shells down to extract as much oil as possible. Set aside.
- Slice thinly 4 cloves of garlic. Combine with minced parsley, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- In a pan, add in shrimp oil and cook the prawns over a gentle simmer, 2 minutes. Flip and add garlic slices and paprika. Once cooked, add in lemon juice and parsley. Season to taste.
Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 12 prawns
- 4 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 portions of fettucine pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1/4 cup of seafood broth
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Boil salted water and cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a hot pan, sear prawns, 1 minute per side. Set aside.
- In the same pan, fry garlic, 2 minutes. Add butter. Once melted and bubbling, add mirin. Let it cook off for around 3 minutes. Add seafood stock and cook down for another 5 minutes.
- Add prawns and cream. Mix well. Add in cooked pasta. Grate in parmesan, until you reach your desired consistency. Remove from heat and let it sit for at least 2 minutes. Serve and top with more grate parmesan.
Chili Garlic Prawn Stir Fry
- 500 grams of shelled and deveined prawns
- 1/3 cup of minced garlic
- ¼ cup of shao xing wine
- 1 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/3 cup of dried chilies
- 2 stalks spring onion, white portion finely sliced, green stems roughly chopped
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, minced
- Heat up a wok on low heat. Add peanut oil. Once hot, add minced garlic and cook until it starts to brown. Set aside.
- In the same wok, add more peanut oil. Add in ginger and spring onion and cook until fragrant. Deglaze with shaoxing wine. Set the heat on high and let it evaporate slightly.
- Add in prawns and cook for around 3 minutes. Add chilies, sugar, oyster sauce, and butter. Mix until well incorporated.
- Add in green stems of the spring onion and mix. Serve immediately and garnish with more minced garlic.
Other Recipes You Might Like