Level Up Your Instant Noodles With These Recipe Hacks
Instant noodles are one of mankind’s greatest contributions on earth (well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration). They’ve been the saving grace of many college students, hikers, and even astronauts on space missions. They’ve been around for a pretty long time, but don’t you think it’s time these instant noodles get an upgrade? Try out these recipe hacks to level up your instant noodles!
- 1 pack mee goreng + spices
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup shredded white cheddar
- sesame seeds
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until flour is cooked out.
- Add milk and continue to whisk until well incorporated. Grate the cheddar and combine in the pot until melted.
- In a separate pan over medium heat, add the cooked noodles and mix with the seasoning. Add in the sauce and mix until combined.
- Serve on a plate and drizzle with sriracha and the sauce packet from the noodles. Garnish with sesame seeds. Top with more grated cheese and torch until melted.
- Shin Cup ramen
- 1 tsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- parsley and basil to garnish
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- In a pan over medium heat, saute garlic, ginger, and onion. Add in peanut butter and coconut cream and mix until well combined.
- Add in fish sauce and instant noodle seasoning and continue to mix.
- Cook the instant noodles according to package instructions.
- Add in the cooked instant noodles to the sauce and mix until well combined.
- Serve on a plate and drizzle with sesame oil. Garnish with spring onions, basil, and thin slices of lime.
Beef Curry Ramen
- Curry Ramyon (follow package instructions)
- 1 tbsp of pomace
- 200 gram slice of rib eye
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 tbsp bean sprouts
- sesame seeds
- Cook rib eye in a pan over medium-high heat. Flip and drizzle with soy sauce. Continue to cook until both sides are browned. Set aside to rest.
- In a separate pot, cook the Curry Ramyon according to package instructions. While pot is still boiling, add miso paste and pomace.
- Slice rib eye into strips and season to taste.
- Transfer noodles to a bowl and serve with bean sprouts, scallions, a halved boiled egg, and sesame seeds.