So butter. That’s all. That’s the secret of good mashed potatoes.
Here is my quick recipe:
– Start by making a garlic Confit with 2 pieces of garlic. Cut off the tops, run it under water, a little oil and some salt. 20mins at 200 celsius.
– Boil 3 potatoes in salted water. Peel. Squash up the garlic and add in.
– With the potatoes and garlic. Add 3tbsp of sour cream and 3 of salted butter. Mash. Add in about 2 tbsp of whole cream. Mash with a whisk. Salt and pepper. Whisk hard. Place it in the oven (at 160) for about 5-10mins.
– In a bowl take 2 slices of thin pork belly, mix with 1 tbsp of honey and soy sauce. Sear in some oil.
– Take out your mash, whisky hard and plate up, add some cheddar cheese and spring onions on your mash and season.
Please subscribe to youtube folks! http://goo.gl/UF4JCP