One Pot Lasagna Recipe [No Oven Required]
One pot recipes are the saving grace of many home cooks pressed for time. Just chuck everything in pot, wait a moment, and you’re done! You save yourself some time, effort, and most of all, dishes to wash.
This lasagna recipe comes together all in one pot, and it’s a no-bake recipe. This is perfect for kitchens without access to ovens. This is in no way anything close to the traditional recipe, but it’s definitely a spin-off worth trying.
Check the video below for a step-by-step tutorial for the recipe. Scroll below for the complete recipe.
How to Make One Pot Lasagna
- 4 slices bacon
- 250g Ground Pork
- 250g Ground Beef (20% fat)
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/2 tsp each of: garlic powder, oregano and smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, minced
- 300ml of tomato puree
- 800g of canned whole peeled tomatoes
- 5 tbsp mascarpone
- 4tbsp ricotta cheese
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 15 lasagna sheets
- Heat up a heavy-bottomed pan over medium and add in bacon. Cook until the fat renders. Create a well in the center and add garlic powder and smoked paprika. Mix and allow to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add ground pork and ground beef in pan. Cook until browned, immediately remove from pan. Add minced garlic and onions and cook until soft.
- Deglaze with wine and add in ground meat. Add tomato puree, water, and peeled tomatoes, breaking them apart in the pan. Let it simmer for 30-45 minutes. Season to taste.
- After 30-45 minutes, add in lasagna sheets. Break them apart into smaller pieces so that it cooks easier in the pan. Mix well and continue to simmer, covered, for 8 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Check once in a while to make sure the pasta doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Before serving, top with parmesan, mozzarella, and dollops of mascapone. Add a sprinkle of parsley and let it simmer until the cheese is melted.
- Finish it off with ricotta cheese and more finely chopped parsley.