I love the briny, creamy taste of Cereal Prawns. Check out how we made it healthier.
- 3 tsps. olive oil
- 300g prawns with the tail intact
- 4 Tbsps. Quaker Rolled Oats
- 4 curry leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 red chili, chopped finely
- ½ tsp. black pepper powder
- 1/3 cup ground peanuts
- 2 tsps. Sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup low fat milk, cooked with ¼ tsp cornstarch to thicken
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 salted egg, chopped
- ¼ cup ginger
- ¼ lemon grass
- ½ cup peanuts
- Coriander for seasoning
- 1 Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick pan.
- 2 Stir-fry the prawns and set aside.
- 3 In another non-stick pan, heat the remaining oil and stir-fry oats, curry leaves, garlic, red chilies, ginger, lemon grass, peanuts, sugar, thickened milk and fish sauce. 4. Stir well and cook until the oats brown slightly and are fragrant.
- 4 Add salt and pepper and the cooked prawns.
- 5 Stir well, dish out
- 6 Put the coriander and the salted eggs on top, and serve immediately.