These little sweet potato and corn fritters are the perfect snacks to serve as a canapé or entrée, and are also great with poached eggs and smoked salmon for brunch. They are seasoned with red onion, herbs and spices, and each bite is packed with flavour, and taste juicier when accompanied with the mint yogurt dipping sauce. To take it to the next level, try them with some avocado and tomato salsa and I am sure you could demolish the whole dish in 10 minutes!
Servings: makes about 16 fritters
Ingredients for fritters:
- 1 large sweet potato, grated. Squeeze out any excess water.
- Kernels of 1 corn
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 chili, de-seeded and diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons chickpea flour (you can substitute with all-purpose flour)
- 2-3 tablespoons purified coconut oil or olive oil for pan-frying
Ingredients for dipping sauce:
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make the fritters, place all the ingredients except the oil into a bowl and mix well. Place 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan on medium heat. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the fritter mix into the pan and lightly press on the mix to flatten and compress it. You can fit around 4-5 fritters in the pan each time.
- Cook the fritter for about 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Carefully turn/flip the fritter and cook for another 3 minutes. Repeat until mix is finished. Keep the cooked fritters in an oven so they stay warm.
- For the dipping sauce: mix all the ingredients in a bowl and leave to stand for at least 15 minutes for all the flavours to infuse.
- Serve the mint yogurt dipping sauce with the sweet potato and corn fritters. Enjoy!