Faustine Del Pilar said no to slimming pills and went from 143-127 lbs in 4 months through diet and exercise.
Submitted by Ma. Faustine Del Pilar
Being bullied since grade school has made an impact in my personality and on how I interact with other people. I always found my self ugly and not good enough compared to other people because of my weight.
And when I got bigger in college, it only made it worse because I won’t be able to filfull my dream to become a flight attendant.
I was fond of eating junk food and white rice and found it really hard to stop eating less of it. So in my desperation to lose weight, I tried slimming pills.
But it I found out the hard way that it wasn’t the answer. I quickly gained back the pounds I lost and experienced palpitation and insomia because of the pills. So I just stopped before I experienced any more harmful effects of taking the pills.
I decided that my goal isn’t just to lose weight but to actually maintain a healthy liftestyle. So last March 2016, I cut down on unhealthy food and junk food (I stopped eating white rice and switched to brown rice or sweet potato) and started exercising at least 30 minutes a day as part of my weight-loss program.
And with those little changes in my diet and some exercise, I was able to go from 143 to 127 lbs. But I am not stopping there as weight is just a number and I am determined to keep a healthy lifestyle.
I may have stumbled on a bump on my weight loss journey but I believe that doing it right, being comitted to your goal, and becoming a health buff along the way are worth all the obstacles you’ll enounter getting there.
Weight Loss Tips
1. Set your goals and work har to reach them.
2.. Stay motivated. Nobody will help you except yourself. And always keep in mind that whatever you do, there will always be a certain outcome. As the cliche goes, no pain, no gain.
3. Do not starve and deprive yourself. Eat small portions of food to satisfy your cravings but never go beyond that limitation.
4. Eat a balanced diet. Replace junk food, sodas, and sweets to fruits and veggies. Switch to brown rice or sweet potato or oatmeal.
5. Spend at least 30 minutes working out. There are simple 30-minute home workouts you can try. And if you can, spend at least an hour working out at a gym. There are many ways to burn calories, just check out Youtube.
6. Get enough sleep. A lack of sleep while on a diet may lead to dizziness and low blood pressure. Chances are, you will feel weak throughout the day and will not be able to fulfill your duties for that specific day.
7. Drink plenty of water, green tea, and apple cider vinegar. Green tea has become a well-known drink when it comes to weight loss because it is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body and it increases the metabolism of the body. Same goes for apple cider vinegar (drink 1tbsp mix with warm water every morning). The acetic acid suppresses your appetite and increases your metabolism as well.
8.Brush your teeth whenever you feel you’re hungry. I swear, it helps. 🙂
9.Take a ‘before photo” so that every time you feel off the wagon, just look at those pictures — that’s all the motivation you need! 🙂
10. Of course, do not forget to enjoy your journey. You may reward yourself once in a while (Pizza, perhaps? 🙂 ) And once you reach your target weight, just maintain it and continue your daily routine and exercise.
Got your own inspirational weight loss story? Send it in to email@example.com with two before and after photos and 10 tips!